The Dill Pickle Club seeks a Web Designer to design a web-based version of its app project, Know Your City. The app will provide a tour of Portland history through interviews, art and photos. The Web Designer will work with the App Developer and DPC staff to present content from the app to the web.
Candidate must have experience and/ or working knowledge in the following:
- Embedding interactive maps in web pages (using a library like Leaflet, for example)
- Pulling data from RESTful APIs asynchronously (while minimizing network requests over slow cellular connections)
- Using HTML5’s geolocation APIs
- Integrating Facebook, Twitter and other social media APIs
- Matching a style guide as specified by our designer, including incorporation of graphical elements
- Editing and adapting graphics and media assets provided by our designer, as needed
There is a $1,000 honoraria (half paid up up front, half paid upon completion). Job will start in November. Click here to download the full position description.
Submit your resume, link to portfolio of your work and a brief cover letter to marc[at]dillpickleclub.org by 5:00 PM on Friday, September 28th.