YES! It is THAT time again! The Dill Pickle Club has been getting into the fall spirit by getting the Perfect Picklers all geared up to craft their briny entries for 2013! As you know, February’s Perfect Pickle is an important awareness event for the DPC and we are blessed to have such high-quality and beloved chefs and restaurants participate.
What will 2013′s Perfect Pickle hold in store? Will Chop go for the “three peat”? Will Brass Tacks be back as the “People’s Choice” award? Only time will tell…
While we’re still pulling together many of the details of next year’s event, we do have some details confirmed. This season has been very challenging for getting the “perfect pickle” size cucumber but we were lucky enough to connect with Kruger Farms, one of the only farms that offered the “extra fancy” size. Last week, we spent the better part of such a beautiful fall day running around dropping off cucumbers, dill and jars.
We’ve invited some old friends back as well as inviting some new comers, including:
- Chop Butchery (“Judge’s Choice” 2011, 2012)
- Brass Tacks Sandwiches (Perfect Pickle “People’s Choice” 2012)
- Wolf and Bear (middle eastern food cart from N Portland)
- Grain and Gristle (back again!)
- Blossoming Lotus (raw, vegan, amazing)
- Biwa (Japanese and Korean fare)
- Olympic Provisions (foodie alert!)
- Lutz Tavern (new comers from deep SE)
- Yume Confections (handmade confectioners and pickle masters)
- Choi’s Kim Chi (locally hand-crafted traditional fermented Korean cuisine)
In addition to pickles and sampling, there will also be bands, beer and plenty of surprises. Don’t forget a major perk of membership is getting into this awesome event FOR FREE. Click here for more details.
Nostalgic for year’s past? You can still pick up a jar of perfect pickles from last year (think holidays are coming) – just $20. Don’t want to pay shipping? Drop a line to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll arrange a time to visit our office in Union Station.
Last, but not least, let us revisit Perfect Pickle 2011. Stay tuned for further details…