Know Your City Public Meeting

After celebrating six years of providing vital community programming, our Board of Directors held an emergency board meeting in November after discovering financial mismanagement that took place over the past two years. The Board reacted swiftly to address the problem, and was faced with the question about whether Know Your City would have to close indefinitely.

We firmly believe that these community programs are vital. Our unanimous decision is that we won’t go out of business without trying everything we can.

Know Your City has made the decision to transition from having paid staff to becoming a volunteer led organization. We had the capacity to get through 2015 and sustain our programs with Cameron Whitten as our unpaid Executive Director. Just within his first seven weeks of leadership, the membership on our Board of Directors has grown from two to eight, we’ve doubled the size of our volunteer base, and have spearheaded lots and lots of fundraising.

We will be hosting a public community meeting for supporters on January 14th, 5:30pm at the Know Your City office (800 NW 6th Ave, #331) to answer questions and brainstorm how we can come together as community and move forward.

Your contributions to Know Your City help us to lead a new conversation about our history, our culture, and defining Portland as a place where people of all identities are welcome, and celebrated.

Kaley Shepard
    Posted March 5, 2017 at 3:24 am | Permalink

I have been absent for a while, but now I remember why I used to love this website. Thanks, I will try and check back more frequently. How frequently you update your website?

blender for smoothies
    Posted March 6, 2017 at 3:11 am | Permalink

You actually make it appear so easy with your presentation however I in finding this matter to be really one thing which I believe I might never understand. It sort of feels too complex and very broad for me. I am looking ahead for your next post, I will attempt to get the cling of it!

home decoration ideas
    Posted March 6, 2017 at 7:44 am | Permalink

Hello, you used to write great, but the last several posts have been kinda boring?K I miss your tremendous writings. Past several posts are just a little bit out of track! come on!

Sydneys Leading Removalists
    Posted March 8, 2017 at 4:09 pm | Permalink

It is in point of fact a great and useful piece of info. I am satisfied that you just shared this useful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

cracked seo software
    Posted March 8, 2017 at 8:36 pm | Permalink

You really make it seem really easy along with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something that I think I would by no means understand. It sort of feels too complicated and very extensive for me. I am taking a look ahead on your subsequent post, I¦ll try to get the cling of it!

Lowest home insurance rates
    Posted March 12, 2017 at 3:45 pm | Permalink

Excellent beat ! I wish to apprentice at the same time as you amend your web site, how can i subscribe for a weblog web site? The account helped me a appropriate deal. I were tiny bit familiar of this your broadcast provided shiny clear concept

law of attraction business success
    Posted March 14, 2017 at 4:01 pm | Permalink

Very well written post. It will be valuable to anybody who employess it, including myself. Keep doing what you are doing – i will definitely read more posts.

android game
    Posted March 14, 2017 at 6:46 pm | Permalink

Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a little bit, but other than that, this is excellent blog. A great read. I will definitely be back.

biotechnology jobs
    Posted March 14, 2017 at 11:44 pm | Permalink

I like the helpful info you provide for your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and test once more right here frequently. I am somewhat certain I’ll be informed many new stuff right right here! Good luck for the next!

Landlord insurance quotes
    Posted March 15, 2017 at 3:15 pm | Permalink

I wish to thank you for understandable overlook that truthfully help in choosing original positions. The best feature to receive quote is low cost compare that provides the cheapest offers on renters insurance policy from high companies from the United States.

English Novels
    Posted March 15, 2017 at 3:23 pm | Permalink

This is a very good tips especially to those new to blogosphere, brief and accurate information… Thanks for sharing this one. A must read article.

income from home
    Posted March 15, 2017 at 7:56 pm | Permalink

Very fantastic visual appeal on this site, I’d rate it 10 10.

Property Search
    Posted March 16, 2017 at 12:42 am | Permalink

You have mentioned very interesting points! ps nice internet site. “Loneliness seems to have become the great American disease.” by John Corry.

travel songs 2016
    Posted March 16, 2017 at 3:23 pm | Permalink

I simply couldn’t go away your website before suggesting that I extremely loved the usual information an individual provide on your visitors? Is gonna be back often to check up on new posts.

good songs for travel video montage
    Posted March 16, 2017 at 8:33 pm | Permalink

Nice blog right here! Also your web site loads up very fast! What host are you using? Can I get your associate hyperlink on your host? I wish my web site loaded up as fast as yours lol

travel videos youtube channel
    Posted March 17, 2017 at 1:48 am | Permalink

I?¦ve recently started a blog, the info you provide on this site has helped me tremendously. Thanks for all of your time & work.

tourist cliches
    Posted March 17, 2017 at 7:10 am | Permalink

obviously like your web-site however you need to test the spelling on several of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling problems and I find it very bothersome to inform the truth however I will certainly come again again.

cheapest round the world ticket
    Posted March 17, 2017 at 12:14 pm | Permalink

I’m curious to find out what blog system you’re working with? I’m experiencing some small security issues with my latest site and I’d like to find something more secure. Do you have any suggestions?

travel videos vimeo
    Posted March 17, 2017 at 4:48 pm | Permalink

great post, very informative. I wonder why the other specialists of this sector do not notice this. You should continue your writing. I’m sure, you’ve a great readers’ base already!

cheap home insurance
    Posted March 17, 2017 at 5:04 pm | Permalink

I appreciate regarding good feedback that frankly designate choosing emergent concepts and definitions. The most preferable possibility to obtain rates goes low rate compare process which provides the best deals for landlords insurance coverage from top rated providers located in US.

10 celebrities who had the most embarrassing moments ever
    Posted March 18, 2017 at 1:37 am | Permalink

I’m not sure why but this blog is loading incredibly slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a issue on my end? I’ll check back later and see if the problem still exists.

cool travel video ideas
    Posted March 18, 2017 at 1:53 am | Permalink

Excellent beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your web site, how could i subscribe for a blog website? The account aided me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clear concept

mobile homes insurance
    Posted March 18, 2017 at 5:53 am | Permalink

I wish to say thank you for great information that directly designate choosing unexplored concepts and definitions. The most preferable feature to choose quotes is low rate quotes comparison process which gives the best deals for auto and homeowners insurance policy provided by best insurers located in United States.

personal trainer Pasadena
    Posted March 18, 2017 at 7:05 am | Permalink

The subsequent time I read a weblog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my option to learn, however I actually thought youd have something attention-grabbing to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you might repair should you werent too busy searching for attention.

Homeowners insurance quotes
    Posted March 19, 2017 at 3:24 am | Permalink

I wish to say thank you for natural overlook which plainly help in checking new positions. The better possibility to make up prices is online quotes comparison process which gives the cheapest offers for content insurance coverage against best providers located in United States.

auto insurance cost by state
    Posted March 19, 2017 at 6:51 am | Permalink

Thank you for clear info which truthfully designate choosing original concepts. The best possibility to get rates is online process which gives the cheapest offers for renters mobile insurance via zip codes against top rated agent in USA.

progressive insurance quote
    Posted March 19, 2017 at 1:09 pm | Permalink

Thank you regarding understandable survey which frankly designate obtaining original definitions. The most preferable possibility to make up quote that is cheaper comparison tool which provides the most wanted deals on home and auto insurance policy via zip code from good known agent in USA.

Progressive auto insurance
    Posted March 19, 2017 at 2:23 pm | Permalink

Thanks for understandable info which really support getting undiscovered concepts and definitions. The better feature to get quote is lowest compare process which gives the best deals for auto insurance policy via zip code provided from best agents located in USA.

geico insurance
    Posted March 19, 2017 at 2:55 pm | Permalink

I wish to say thank you for great feedback which frankly determined in getting unexplored concepts. The best feature to get rates that is free process which provides the cheapest deals for building insurance policies using zip code against well known insurers in US.

buy reviews
    Posted March 19, 2017 at 5:57 pm | Permalink

This design is incredible! You certainly know how to keep a reader entertained. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Wonderful job. I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it. Too cool!

amica
    Posted March 20, 2017 at 5:18 pm | Permalink

Thank you regarding good overlook which plainly designate checking emergent conclusions. The better possibility to obtain quote goes low cost quotes comparison process which gives the cheapest deals on rental insurance policies by zip code against well known providers from the US.

farmers insurance
    Posted March 21, 2017 at 3:53 am | Permalink

Thank you for great review which frankly support obtaining novel positions. The better feature to obtain quotes is lowest quotes comparison process which gives the cheapest deals on rental insurance coverage by zip code from top rated agents from the US.

Progressive insurance
    Posted March 21, 2017 at 11:04 am | Permalink

Thank you regarding nice overlook that really designate getting various conclusions. The better feature to receive prices goes cheaper compare which gives the cheapest deals on renters insurance policy by zip code provided by well known insurers from the US.

state farm
    Posted March 22, 2017 at 1:29 am | Permalink

I wish to thank you for clear feedbacks that truthfully designate getting novel definitions. The most preferable possibility to get quotes goes free quotes comparison process which provides the cheapest deals for house insurance policy using zip code against good known insurers in USA.

35. Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home3/marcmosc/public_html/knowyourcity/wp-content/themes/thematic-kyc/library/extensions/hooks-filters.php on line 722

state farm
    Posted March 22, 2017 at 3:56 am | Permalink

Thanks regarding transparent feedbacks that really benefit choosing emergent concepts. The better feature to obtain rates that is cheaper quotes comparison process which gives the cheapest deals on building insurance policy by zip code provided from good known agent located in US.

36. Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home3/marcmosc/public_html/knowyourcity/wp-content/themes/thematic-kyc/library/extensions/hooks-filters.php on line 722

frappe maker
    Posted March 22, 2017 at 4:27 am | Permalink

Keep up the fantastic work, I read few blog posts on this internet site and I think that your website is very interesting and has got bands of great information.

37. Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home3/marcmosc/public_html/knowyourcity/wp-content/themes/thematic-kyc/library/extensions/hooks-filters.php on line 722

Geico.com
    Posted March 23, 2017 at 4:21 am | Permalink

I appreciate regarding natural review that really promote checking new findings. The best feature to make up prices goes online quotes comparison process which gives the best offers on auto and home insurance coverage provided from high ratings providers located in United States.

38. Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home3/marcmosc/public_html/knowyourcity/wp-content/themes/thematic-kyc/library/extensions/hooks-filters.php on line 722

elephant insurance
    Posted March 23, 2017 at 5:40 am | Permalink

I wish to say thank you for clear survey that directly benefit obtaining undiscovered concepts. The better feature to apply prices is cheaper process which gives the most wanted offers for house insurance provided from high insurers in US.

39. Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home3/marcmosc/public_html/knowyourcity/wp-content/themes/thematic-kyc/library/extensions/hooks-filters.php on line 722

Auto insurance rates
    Posted March 24, 2017 at 6:51 am | Permalink

Thank you for great survey which really support getting unexplored provisitions. The most preferable possibility to make up rates that is online comparison tool that provides the most wanted deals on auto insurance provided by best insurers as american family in USA.

40. Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home3/marcmosc/public_html/knowyourcity/wp-content/themes/thematic-kyc/library/extensions/hooks-filters.php on line 722

Geico insurance
    Posted March 24, 2017 at 3:17 pm | Permalink

I appreciate for clear survey that really designate obtaining new definitions. The better feature to make up quote that is free process that provides the cheapest deals on building insurance provided from high ratings providers as american family in USA.

41. Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home3/marcmosc/public_html/knowyourcity/wp-content/themes/thematic-kyc/library/extensions/hooks-filters.php on line 722

esurance login
    Posted March 25, 2017 at 2:37 pm | Permalink

I wish to say thank you for good survey which truthfully promote choosing novel positions. The best possibility to obtain quote goes cheaper compare that provides the most wanted offers for renter insurance coverage from best agent as american family located in US.

42. Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home3/marcmosc/public_html/knowyourcity/wp-content/themes/thematic-kyc/library/extensions/hooks-filters.php on line 722

geico quote
    Posted March 26, 2017 at 6:15 am | Permalink

Thank you for transparent feedback which truthfully designate choosing new concepts. The better feature to get quote is cheapest quotes comparison process which provides the best offers for motorcycle policy against top rated insurers like GEICO from the United States.

43. Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home3/marcmosc/public_html/knowyourcity/wp-content/themes/thematic-kyc/library/extensions/hooks-filters.php on line 722

Auto amica
    Posted March 26, 2017 at 11:34 am | Permalink

Thank you for natural survey that really support checking undiscovered positions. The best possibility to apply quotes goes lowest cost compare process which gives the most wanted offers for motorcycle insurance policy provided from good known providers like geico from the United States.

44. Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home3/marcmosc/public_html/knowyourcity/wp-content/themes/thematic-kyc/library/extensions/hooks-filters.php on line 722

Posted March 26, 2017 at 12:12 pm | Permalink

There are some fascinating points in time on this article however I don’t know if I see all of them center to heart. There may be some validity however I will take hold opinion till I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we wish extra! Added to FeedBurner as well

45. Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home3/marcmosc/public_html/knowyourcity/wp-content/themes/thematic-kyc/library/extensions/hooks-filters.php on line 722

amica.com
    Posted March 26, 2017 at 2:46 pm | Permalink

I wish to say thank you for clear review that frankly support checking unknown definitions. The better possibility to choose rates is online compare process that provides the cheapest deals for home owners assurance against good known agents as GEICO located in United States.

46. Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home3/marcmosc/public_html/knowyourcity/wp-content/themes/thematic-kyc/library/extensions/hooks-filters.php on line 722

railways jobs
    Posted March 26, 2017 at 5:06 pm | Permalink

Pretty great post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have really loved surfing around your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing for your rss feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!