Hidden History of Albina Walking Tour

The Boise and Eliot neighborhoods in North Portland are rich in diverse history and culture, serving as the historic heart of Portland’s African American community. Over the past few decades, dramatic changes have altered the face of the region, something which can go easily unnoticed to those who don’t know the history. This tour provides a great opportunity for new residents and visitors to reconnect with the roots of this community, from the history of the City of Albina to Vanport and beyond.

Know Your City and the Northeast Coalition of Neighborhoods (NECN) are partnering to provide “the Hidden History of Albina” tour. Tour destinations include public art, historic buildings, and green spaces. Here are some of the historic locations that will be visited:

• The only church in Portland where Martin Luther King Jr. preached, Vancouver Avenue Baptist Church.
  • One of the few remaining black owned businesses on North Mississippi, Sons of Haiti Masonic Lodge.
  • The historic headquarters of the Urban League of Portland.
  • Dawson Park and the remnants of Albina’s City Hall building.

RSVP at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hidden-history-of-albina-tour-tickets-21391053216

Toni Brackley
    Posted March 5, 2017 at 2:33 am | Permalink

The very heart of your writing while appearing agreeable initially, did not sit very well with me after some time. Somewhere throughout the sentences you actually were able to make me a believer unfortunately just for a short while. I however have got a problem with your jumps in logic and one would do nicely to fill in all those gaps. In the event that you can accomplish that, I could definitely be fascinated.

baby food blender
    Posted March 6, 2017 at 3:55 am | Permalink

Hello! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I really enjoy reading through your articles. Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same topics? Thanks a ton!

home decor ideas
    Posted March 6, 2017 at 8:28 am | Permalink

Very interesting subject , appreciate it for posting.

Sydneys Leading Removalists
    Posted March 8, 2017 at 4:52 pm | Permalink

Hello! Would you mind if I share your blog with my myspace group? There’s a lot of people that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Many thanks

ebooks make money online
    Posted March 8, 2017 at 9:20 pm | Permalink

Someone essentially help to make seriously articles I would state. This is the very first time I frequented your website page and thus far? I amazed with the research you made to create this particular publish incredible. Excellent job!

Low car insurance
    Posted March 12, 2017 at 4:29 pm | Permalink

Some genuinely fantastic info , Gladiola I noticed this. “The minute one utters a certainty, the opposite comes to mind.” by May Sarton.

law of attraction business success
    Posted March 14, 2017 at 3:39 pm | Permalink

I enjoy the efforts you have put in this, appreciate it for all the great blog posts.

tekken apk
    Posted March 14, 2017 at 6:16 pm | Permalink

I was recommended this blog by way of my cousin. I am now not certain whether or not this put up is written by way of him as nobody else realize such specific approximately my difficulty. You’re incredible! Thanks!

research jobs
    Posted March 14, 2017 at 11:11 pm | Permalink

Heya i am for the primary time here. I found this board and I to find It truly useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to present something back and help others such as you aided me.

Home owners insurance
    Posted March 15, 2017 at 10:13 am | Permalink

Thanks for clear survey which truthfully help on checking various conclusions. The best feature to receive quote goes free compare process which gives the cheapest offers on renter insurance policies from top rated providers in United States.

English coursebook
    Posted March 15, 2017 at 2:54 pm | Permalink

I was very pleased to find this web-site.I wanted to thanks for your time for this wonderful read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you blog post.

women working from home
    Posted March 15, 2017 at 7:24 pm | Permalink

very good put up, i definitely love this web site, carry on it

houses for sale
    Posted March 16, 2017 at 12:09 am | Permalink

Wonderful work! This is the type of information that should be shared around the net. Shame on the search engines for not positioning this post higher! Come on over and visit my website . Thanks =)

dropbox photos app
    Posted March 16, 2017 at 2:53 pm | Permalink

Generally I don’t read article on blogs, however I would like to say that this write-up very forced me to check out and do it! Your writing style has been surprised me. Thanks, very great post.

tacky tourist costume diy
    Posted March 16, 2017 at 7:57 pm | Permalink

Dead indited subject material, Really enjoyed studying.

round the world airline ticket
    Posted March 17, 2017 at 1:12 am | Permalink

I like this web blog very much so much fantastic info .

list of fun things to do
    Posted March 17, 2017 at 6:34 am | Permalink

When I initially commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now each time a remark is added I get 4 emails with the same comment. Is there any manner you may remove me from that service? Thanks!

travel photography salary
    Posted March 17, 2017 at 11:43 am | Permalink

Excellent items from you, man. I have understand your stuff prior to and you are just extremely excellent. I actually like what you have bought right here, certainly like what you’re saying and the best way in which you assert it. You’re making it enjoyable and you continue to take care of to keep it smart. I cant wait to learn far more from you. That is really a terrific website.

pbs travel programs
    Posted March 17, 2017 at 4:16 pm | Permalink

Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in reality was once a leisure account it. Look complex to more brought agreeable from you! By the way, how can we keep up a correspondence?

travel photography accessories
    Posted March 18, 2017 at 3:44 am | Permalink

I am glad to be one of the visitors on this outstanding internet site (:, regards for posting.

personal trainer near me in Pasadena
    Posted March 18, 2017 at 9:24 am | Permalink

Woh I love your blog posts, saved to my bookmarks! .

buy reviews
    Posted March 19, 2017 at 9:35 pm | Permalink

Simply desire to say your article is as astounding. The clearness in your put up is just great and that i can suppose you are an expert in this subject. Well with your permission allow me to clutch your feed to keep updated with impending post. Thanks a million and please carry on the gratifying work.

Genevie
    Posted March 20, 2017 at 2:19 am | Permalink

Let me know if you’re looking for a writer for your site. You have some really good posts and I think I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d really like to write some articles for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please blast me an e-mail if interested. Cheers!

click
    Posted March 22, 2017 at 2:23 am | Permalink

Thanks for another wonderful article. Where else could anybody get that type of info in such an ideal way of writing? I’ve a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such info.

geico motorcycle insurance
    Posted March 22, 2017 at 12:43 pm | Permalink

Thanks for natural survey which truthfully determined in getting new concepts. The most preferable feature to receive rates that is lowest cost process which provides the cheapest offers for renters insurance by zip code from top rated providers located in US.

gieco insurance
    Posted March 24, 2017 at 11:18 am | Permalink

Thanks for clear feedback which directly designate obtaining novel definitions. The most preferable possibility to choose quotes goes lower compare which gives the cheapest offers for landlord insurance provided from well known companies as american family in US.

Geico insurance quote
    Posted March 26, 2017 at 3:36 am | Permalink

I appreciate regarding understandable info that really support obtaining emergent positions. The best feature to get rates goes free compare process which gives the most wanted offers for renter coverage provided by best insurers as Geico in US.

Sun Shine School
    Posted March 26, 2017 at 10:24 am | Permalink

I am extremely impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to see a great blog like this one nowadays..

govt jobs
    Posted March 26, 2017 at 3:23 pm | Permalink

I’m still learning from you, while I’m improving myself. I definitely love reading everything that is posted on your website.Keep the stories coming. I liked it!