May Day People’s History of Portland

You’re invited to Know Your City’s May Day inspired People’s History of Portland walking tour. A People’s History of Portland highlights the roots of Portland’s downtown immigrant and working class communities, and celebrates the ongoing decades of social justice leaders and grassroots movements.

Before Portland was known for Portlandia, the foundation of the city was built by immigrant labor.This tour tells Portland’s story from the viewpoint of Chinese people, Japanese people, African American people, Jewish people, and LGBTQ communities, whose histories are often left out of the mainstream. A People’s History of Portland tour challenges you to take a closer look at Portland and how we got to where we are today.

Our special May Day themed tour includes new sites of significance that are important places for labor activism and direct action.

Tour Highlights:

• Portland’s “Old” and “New” Chinatowns
  • The site of Portland’s first African American community
  • “Nihonmachi,” Portland’s Japantown
  • LGBTQ roots in Old Town
  • Jewish roots in Portland
  • Marie Equi in Portland and early Portland women’s history

Get tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/may-day-peoples-history-of-portland-tour-tickets-21885309550

Mike
    Posted April 8, 2016 at 4:17 pm | Permalink

Putting this event in my calendar! This sounds like so much fun. I have been living in Portland for 6 years now and would love to learn more about it!

Madalene Taney
    Posted March 5, 2017 at 3:09 am | Permalink

I really prize your piece of work, Great post.

baby blender
    Posted March 6, 2017 at 3:05 am | Permalink

I do like the way you have presented this specific situation and it really does provide us a lot of fodder for thought. Nevertheless, through everything that I have seen, I just simply hope when the reviews pack on that people today stay on issue and in no way start on a soap box of the news of the day. Anyway, thank you for this fantastic point and whilst I do not really agree with the idea in totality, I value your standpoint.

home decor ideas
    Posted March 6, 2017 at 7:38 am | Permalink

Nice read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on that. And he actually bought me lunch as I found it for him smile Thus let me rephrase that: Thank you for lunch!

furniture removalists in Sydney, Smithfield
    Posted March 8, 2017 at 4:03 pm | Permalink

As soon as I found this internet site I went on reddit to share some of the love with them.

make money online work at home
    Posted March 8, 2017 at 8:30 pm | Permalink

Thanks for this grand post, I am glad I observed this internet site on yahoo.

Low auto insurance
    Posted March 12, 2017 at 3:39 pm | Permalink

Thanks for some other wonderful article. Where else could anybody get that type of info in such a perfect way of writing? I have a presentation subsequent week, and I’m on the search for such information.

law of attraction
    Posted March 14, 2017 at 2:25 pm | Permalink

I am constantly looking online for ideas that can aid me. Thank you!

Cheapest homeowners insurance
    Posted March 14, 2017 at 3:00 pm | Permalink

Thank you regarding nice survey that plainly benefit checking unknown concepts and definitions. The most preferable feature to receive prices is lowest quotes comparison process that provides the most wanted offers for rental insurance coverage against high ratings companies in US.

tekken apk
    Posted March 14, 2017 at 6:54 pm | Permalink

Some truly interesting info , well written and generally user genial.

pharmaceutical jobs
    Posted March 14, 2017 at 11:53 pm | Permalink

Hi there! This post couldn’t be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my previous room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this article to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!

Low cost home insurance quotes
    Posted March 15, 2017 at 8:36 am | Permalink

Thank you regarding understandable feedbacks which directly promote obtaining emergent concepts and definitions. The best feature to make up quotes goes cheap compare process which gives the most wanted deals for home owners insurance coverage against high ratings insurers from the United States.

TOEIC
    Posted March 15, 2017 at 3:31 pm | Permalink

Thanks for another informative blog. Where else may just I get that kind of information written in such an ideal manner? I’ve a mission that I am simply now operating on, and I’ve been on the glance out for such information.

work at home jobs no fee
    Posted March 15, 2017 at 8:04 pm | Permalink

Hiya, I am really glad I have found this info. Today bloggers publish just about gossips and internet and this is really frustrating. A good website with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for keeping this web site, I will be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Cant find it.

Property Search
    Posted March 16, 2017 at 12:51 am | Permalink

I am not positive the place you’re getting your information, however great topic. I must spend some time learning much more or working out more. Thanks for wonderful information I used to be on the lookout for this info for my mission.

good songs for travel video montage
    Posted March 16, 2017 at 5:28 pm | Permalink

What i do not realize is actually how you’re not actually much more well-liked than you may be now. You are very intelligent. You realize therefore significantly relating to this subject, produced me personally consider it from numerous varied angles. Its like men and women aren’t fascinated unless it is one thing to accomplish with Lady gaga! Your own stuffs nice. Always maintain it up!

typical tourist shot
    Posted March 16, 2017 at 8:42 pm | Permalink

Very interesting info !Perfect just what I was looking for! “I myself do nothing. The Holy Spirit accomplishes all through me.” by William Blake.

pbs travel programs
    Posted March 17, 2017 at 1:57 am | Permalink

I really appreciate this post. I have been looking everywhere for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You have made my day! Thank you again

best canon travel lens full frame
    Posted March 17, 2017 at 7:19 am | Permalink

Merely wanna admit that this is very useful, Thanks for taking your time to write this.

tacky tourist shirts
    Posted March 17, 2017 at 12:22 pm | Permalink

Normally I don’t learn post on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very forced me to check out and do it! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thank you, very nice article.

fun travel video ideas
    Posted March 17, 2017 at 4:57 pm | Permalink

I was curious if you ever thought of changing the layout of your website? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having 1 or two images. Maybe you could space it out better?

tacky tourist without hawaiian shirt
    Posted March 18, 2017 at 2:48 am | Permalink

There is apparently a lot to realize about this. I believe you made some good points in features also.

best personal trainer Pasadena CA
    Posted March 18, 2017 at 8:27 am | Permalink

Does your website have a contact page? I’m having a tough time locating it but, I’d like to shoot you an e-mail. I’ve got some ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great website and I look forward to seeing it expand over time.

average car insurance rates by zip code
    Posted March 19, 2017 at 5:36 am | Permalink

I appreciate regarding good info that plainly support checking new findings. The best feature to get rates is low cost comparison tool which gives the most wanted offers for home mobile insurance via zip code from good known insurers located in US.

buy android reviews
    Posted March 19, 2017 at 8:54 pm | Permalink

I like this web site so much, saved to fav.

geico car insurance
    Posted March 20, 2017 at 2:48 am | Permalink

Thanks regarding natural feedback that directly benefit choosing original concepts. The most preferable possibility to choose rates goes free quotes comparison process which gives the cheapest offers on home and auto insurance coverage via zip code from good known providers in United States.

Progressive auto insurance
    Posted March 21, 2017 at 11:00 am | Permalink

I wish to say thank you regarding natural info which directly determined in obtaining unknown findings. The most preferable possibility to receive quotes goes cheaper compare process which gives the cheapest deals on building insurance using zip code from high insurers in United States.

State farm car insurance
    Posted March 21, 2017 at 3:14 pm | Permalink

Thank you regarding transparent survey that truthfully support checking various conclusions. The most preferable possibility to receive prices goes low cost compare process which gives the most wanted deals for rental insurance policy using zip code against best providers located in US.

frappe coffee maker
    Posted March 22, 2017 at 4:29 am | Permalink

Spot on with this write-up, I really suppose this website wants far more consideration. I’ll in all probability be again to learn rather more, thanks for that info.

Elephant insurance.com
    Posted March 23, 2017 at 5:54 am | Permalink

Thanks for understandable feedbacks which plainly determined in obtaining original positions. The most preferable feature to get quotes goes lower compare which gives the most wanted deals on homeowner insurance policy from well known insurers in United States.

American family homeowners insurance
    Posted March 23, 2017 at 3:30 pm | Permalink

Thank you regarding good review that frankly support choosing novel provisitions. The better feature to obtain quote that is low cost process which provides the most wanted offers for homeowner insurance against high ratings agent like American family located in US.

payday express
    Posted March 25, 2017 at 4:38 am | Permalink

Thank you regarding transparent survey which directly designate choosing emergent concepts and definitions. The better feature to make up quotes that is free process that provides the best offers on renter fast payday credit provided from top rated agent like American family in USA.

Esurance
    Posted March 25, 2017 at 3:35 pm | Permalink

I wish to thank you for nice feedback that directly designate checking novel conclusions. The most preferable feature to receive rates goes online compare process that provides the most wanted deals on auto and homeowners coverage provided from high ratings insurers as american family in United States.

amica mutual insurance
    Posted March 26, 2017 at 11:42 am | Permalink

Thank you regarding understandable survey that really help on getting undiscovered findings. The better feature to receive prices goes lower comparison tool which provides the cheapest deals for house assurance against high ratings companies as geico located in USA.

35. Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home3/marcmosc/public_html/knowyourcity/wp-content/themes/thematic-kyc/library/extensions/hooks-filters.php on line 722

local elementry school
    Posted March 26, 2017 at 12:14 pm | Permalink

I have not checked in here for some time as I thought it was getting boring, but the last few posts are good quality so I guess I will add you back to my daily bloglist. You deserve it my friend 🙂

36. Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home3/marcmosc/public_html/knowyourcity/wp-content/themes/thematic-kyc/library/extensions/hooks-filters.php on line 722

bank jobs
    Posted March 26, 2017 at 5:08 pm | Permalink

The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought youd have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention.