A People’s History of Portland Tour

peopleshist

A People’s History of Portland highlights the roots of Portland’s downtown immigrant and working class communities, and celebrates the ongoing decades of social justice leaders and grassroots movements.

Before Portland was known for Portlandia, the foundation of the city was built by immigrant labor.This tour tells Portland’s story from the viewpoint of Chinese people, Japanese people, African American people, Jewish people, and LGBTQ communities, whose histories are often left out of the mainstream. A People’s History of Portland tour challenges you to take a closer look at Portland and how we got to where we are today.

Tour Highlights:

• Portland’s “Old” and “New” Chinatowns
  • The site of Portland’s first African American community
  • “Nihonmachi,” Portland’s Japantown
  • LGBTQ roots in Old Town
  • Jewish roots in Portland
  • Marie Equi in Portland and early Portland women’s history

Get tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/a-peoples-history-of-portland-tour-tickets-27199031034

Janey Ballan
    Posted March 5, 2017 at 2:35 am | Permalink

There is visibly a bundle to know about this. I suppose you made some nice points in features also.

best hand blender
    Posted March 6, 2017 at 4:19 am | Permalink

I was suggested this website by my cousin. I’m not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my difficulty. You’re incredible! Thanks!

home decor ideas
    Posted March 6, 2017 at 8:52 am | Permalink

Hello! I could have sworn I’ve been to this blog before but after browsing through some of the post I realized it’s new to me. Anyways, I’m definitely happy I found it and I’ll be book-marking and checking back frequently!

furniture removalists in Sydney, Smithfield
    Posted March 8, 2017 at 5:15 pm | Permalink

I haven¦t checked in here for a while because I thought it was getting boring, but the last several posts are great quality so I guess I will add you back to my daily bloglist. You deserve it my friend 🙂

how to make money with google play
    Posted March 8, 2017 at 9:45 pm | Permalink

Can I simply say what a reduction to search out someone who truly is aware of what theyre speaking about on the internet. You definitely know how one can carry a problem to light and make it important. Extra people have to read this and perceive this aspect of the story. I cant believe youre no more fashionable since you positively have the gift.

LOW cost insurance rates
    Posted March 12, 2017 at 4:52 pm | Permalink

Hello my family member! I wish to say that this article is awesome, nice written and include approximately all important infos. I would like to see more posts like this .

law of attraction
    Posted March 14, 2017 at 3:44 pm | Permalink

Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It actually was once a amusement account it. Glance advanced to far added agreeable from you! By the way, how can we be in contact?

Low cost home insurance
    Posted March 14, 2017 at 4:22 pm | Permalink

I appreciate regarding good feedback that really benefit getting unknown findings. The better possibility to apply quotes is cheapest compare which gives the best deals on homeowner insurance policies provided from good known agents in US.

apk games
    Posted March 14, 2017 at 6:23 pm | Permalink

Some really nice and utilitarian info on this site, likewise I think the style has excellent features.

brightowl.pro
    Posted March 14, 2017 at 11:19 pm | Permalink

I was just looking for this information for a while. After six hours of continuous Googleing, finally I got it in your site. I wonder what’s the lack of Google strategy that do not rank this kind of informative websites in top of the list. Usually the top websites are full of garbage.

IELTS
    Posted March 15, 2017 at 3:00 pm | Permalink

I do consider all the ideas you’ve introduced for your post. They’re very convincing and will certainly work. Nonetheless, the posts are too brief for starters. Could you please prolong them a bit from next time? Thanks for the post.

ways to work from home
    Posted March 15, 2017 at 7:32 pm | Permalink

I like this site very much, Its a really nice berth to read and find information. “Words are like leaves and where they most abound, Much fruit of sense beneath is rarely found.” by Alexander Pope.

Property Search
    Posted March 16, 2017 at 12:17 am | Permalink

Its great as your other content : D, appreciate it for posting. “The squeaking wheel doesn’t always get the grease. Sometimes it gets replaced.” by Vic Gold.

road trip planner app
    Posted March 16, 2017 at 3:01 pm | Permalink

Good day! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with SEO? I’m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I’m not seeing very good results. If you know of any please share. Appreciate it!

best photo sharing site for photographers
    Posted March 16, 2017 at 8:06 pm | Permalink

Hmm it appears like your blog ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I had written and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog writer but I’m still new to everything. Do you have any tips for newbie blog writers? I’d certainly appreciate it.

travel photography jobs in india
    Posted March 17, 2017 at 1:21 am | Permalink

You are my inhalation, I have few blogs and occasionally run out from to brand.

best songs for travel slideshow
    Posted March 17, 2017 at 6:43 am | Permalink

Hello there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it is truly informative. I’m going to watch out for brussels. I’ll appreciate if you continue this in future. Lots of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

vacation planner jobs
    Posted March 17, 2017 at 11:51 am | Permalink

Excellent blog! Do you have any tips and hints for aspiring writers? I’m hoping to start my own website soon but I’m a little lost on everything. Would you suggest starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I’m totally confused .. Any suggestions? Many thanks!

travel photography accessories
    Posted March 17, 2017 at 4:24 pm | Permalink

I’d have to examine with you here. Which is not one thing I usually do! I take pleasure in reading a post that may make folks think. Additionally, thanks for permitting me to comment!

photo sharing sites list
    Posted March 18, 2017 at 3:01 am | Permalink

he blog was how do i say it… relevant, finally something that helped me. Thanks

best personal trainer Pasadena
    Posted March 18, 2017 at 8:40 am | Permalink

Hi , I do believe this is an excellent blog. I stumbled upon it on Yahoo , i will come back once again. Money and freedom is the best way to change, may you be rich and help other people.

buy app installs
    Posted March 19, 2017 at 7:03 pm | Permalink

It’s a pity you don’t have a donate button! I’d most certainly donate to this excellent blog! I suppose for now i’ll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to new updates and will share this blog with my Facebook group. Chat soon!

click here
    Posted March 22, 2017 at 3:46 am | Permalink

of course like your web-site however you need to take a look at the spelling on quite a few of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling problems and I in finding it very troublesome to tell the reality however I will certainly come back again.

nationwide insurance
    Posted March 22, 2017 at 5:46 am | Permalink

I wish to thank you regarding understandable overlook that plainly support checking novel concepts and definitions. The most preferable possibility to receive prices is online quotes comparison process which gives the most wanted deals on landlord insurance coverage using zip code from high ratings providers in USA.

geico quote
    Posted March 22, 2017 at 4:51 pm | Permalink

Thanks for understandable info that directly promote getting original provisitions. The best feature to choose prices that is cheaper compare process that provides the cheapest deals for house insurance policy provided by good known insurers located in USA.

esurance homeowners insurance
    Posted March 25, 2017 at 4:03 pm | Permalink

I appreciate regarding great feedbacks that really help on obtaining original findings. The most preferable feature to receive quotes that is online comparison tool which gives the most wanted deals for home protection against top rated providers like American family located in USA.

Geico.com
    Posted March 26, 2017 at 4:11 am | Permalink

I wish to thank you regarding nice info that truthfully promote choosing unknown concepts and definitions. The best feature to obtain prices is cheapest compare process which provides the cheapest deals on health protection provided by best agent like GEICO from the United States.

elementry school
    Posted March 26, 2017 at 11:39 am | Permalink

I’m truly enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme? Outstanding work!

Amica mutual insurance
    Posted March 26, 2017 at 12:19 pm | Permalink

Thank you regarding transparent feedback which really promote obtaining unknown definitions. The best feature to receive quotes goes online compare that provides the best offers for content coverage against high ratings companies like gieco located in US.

govt jobs
    Posted March 26, 2017 at 4:32 pm | Permalink

Very interesting details you have remarked, thanks for putting up. “The only thing worse than a man you can’t control is a man you can.” by Margo Kaufman.