“A Secular Christmas Eve” People’s History Tour

RSVP Herepeopleshist

You are invited to Know Your City’s “Secular Christmas Eve” tour, a holiday themed spinoff of our popular “People’s History of Portland” walking tour, highlighting Portland’s immigrant and working class heroes, and celebrating our city’s social activists and movements.

Before Portland was known for Portlandia, bikes and brews, the foundations of the city were built by immigrant laborers.This tour tells Portland’s story from the point of view of Chinese people, Japanese people, African American people, Jewish people, and the LGBT communities that are often left out of mainstream conversations about Portland.

Led Know Your City’s professional tour guide, A People’s History of Portland invites you to take a closer look at the city you’ve heard so much about.

Tour Highlights:

• Portland’s “Old” and “New” Chinatowns
  • The site of Portland’s first African American community
  • “Nihonmachi,” Portland’s Japantown
  • LGBT roots in Old Town
  • Jewish roots in Portland
  • Marie Equi in Portland and early Portland women’s history

Tickets are available through this link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/a-secular-christmas-eve-peoples-history-tour-tickets-29915688630

Archie Toolan
    Posted March 5, 2017 at 3:16 am | Permalink

Some really nice and useful info on this site, also I conceive the style holds good features.

in hotels
    Posted March 5, 2017 at 10:28 pm | Permalink

Tuvalu – Wikipedia

cheap blenders
    Posted March 6, 2017 at 3:55 am | Permalink

I like what you guys are up also. Such clever work and reporting! Keep up the superb works guys I?¦ve incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it will improve the value of my site 🙂

home decorating ideas
    Posted March 6, 2017 at 8:28 am | Permalink

What’s Taking place i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It positively useful and it has helped me out loads. I hope to contribute & aid different users like its aided me. Good job.

removalists in Sydney
    Posted March 8, 2017 at 4:52 pm | Permalink

My spouse and I stumbled over here coming from a different web page and thought I should check things out. I like what I see so now i am following you. Look forward to looking at your web page for a second time.

make money with google
    Posted March 8, 2017 at 9:21 pm | Permalink

Keep functioning ,remarkable job!

lowest home insurance rates
    Posted March 12, 2017 at 4:29 pm | Permalink

Merely wanna say that this is very useful, Thanks for taking your time to write this.

law of attraction
    Posted March 14, 2017 at 4:00 pm | Permalink

Good write-up, I?¦m regular visitor of one?¦s site, maintain up the excellent operate, and It’s going to be a regular visitor for a long time.

tekken 5
    Posted March 14, 2017 at 6:45 pm | Permalink

I have read a few just right stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how so much attempt you put to make this kind of excellent informative website.

Posted March 14, 2017 at 11:43 pm | Permalink

It¦s in reality a nice and helpful piece of information. I¦m happy that you shared this useful information with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

English Grammar
    Posted March 15, 2017 at 3:22 pm | Permalink

Thank you for another magnificent article. Where else could anyone get that type of information in such an ideal way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I’m on the look for such information.

free work from home jobs
    Posted March 15, 2017 at 7:55 pm | Permalink

Terrific post however I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this subject? I’d be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit more. Many thanks!

Houses and Property For Sale
    Posted March 16, 2017 at 12:41 am | Permalink

Hi my friend! I want to say that this article is awesome, nice written and come with approximately all important infos. I would like to look extra posts like this.

affordable cruises
    Posted March 16, 2017 at 3:23 pm | Permalink

you’re really a good webmaster. The site loading speed is amazing. It seems that you are doing any unique trick. Moreover, The contents are masterpiece. you’ve done a fantastic job on this topic!

100 things to do when your bored
    Posted March 16, 2017 at 8:32 pm | Permalink

Valuable information. Fortunate me I found your site by chance, and I’m surprised why this accident didn’t took place in advance! I bookmarked it.

dropbox photo sharing
    Posted March 17, 2017 at 1:47 am | Permalink

Good – I should certainly pronounce, impressed with your website. I had no trouble navigating through all tabs and related information ended up being truly easy to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it at all. Quite unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or anything, site theme . a tones way for your client to communicate. Nice task.

cool things to do
    Posted March 17, 2017 at 7:09 am | Permalink

I haven’t checked in here for some time since I thought it was getting boring, but the last few posts are great quality so I guess I will add you back to my everyday bloglist. You deserve it my friend 🙂

road trip planning websites
    Posted March 17, 2017 at 12:13 pm | Permalink

Thank you for another informative site. Where else could I get that kind of info written in such a perfect way? I’ve a project that I’m just now working on, and I’ve been on the look out for such info.

travel guide videos
    Posted March 17, 2017 at 4:47 pm | Permalink

Hi! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would be okay. I’m absolutely enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.

articles on traveling the world
    Posted March 18, 2017 at 2:49 am | Permalink

I have recently started a blog, the info you offer on this site has helped me greatly. Thank you for all of your time & work.

hire a personal trainer in Pasadena CA
    Posted March 18, 2017 at 8:28 am | Permalink

Only wanna remark that you have a very decent site, I love the design it actually stands out.

Cars with highest insurance rates
    Posted March 19, 2017 at 6:39 am | Permalink

I wish to thank you regarding understandable overlook that directly benefit getting undiscovered positions. The best possibility to make up prices is free compare which provides the best deals for homeowner insurance coverage by zip code provided by best providers located in US.

progressive quote
    Posted March 19, 2017 at 2:15 pm | Permalink

I wish to say thank you regarding good feedbacks which frankly benefit choosing emergent concepts. The better possibility to obtain quote that is low rate compare process that provides the most wanted offers on homeowners insurance policy by zip code provided by top rated agent from the United States.

app marketing
    Posted March 19, 2017 at 6:51 pm | Permalink

I am really impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to see a nice blog like this one today..

Kenia
    Posted March 20, 2017 at 2:11 am | Permalink

I have been surfing online greater than three hours as of late, yet I by no means discovered any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty price enough for me. In my view, if all website owners and bloggers made excellent content as you did, the web will likely be much more useful than ever before.

Tracy
    Posted March 20, 2017 at 4:02 am | Permalink

This is the suitable weblog for anyone who needs to search out out about this topic. You understand so much its nearly onerous to argue with you (not that I truly would need…HaHa). You positively put a brand new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Nice stuff, just nice!

amica.com
    Posted March 20, 2017 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

I appreciate for clear information that truthfully determined in checking original provisitions. The best feature to choose quote goes free comparison tool which provides the most wanted offers for homeowners insurance policies using zip code provided from high ratings agents from the USA.

mr coffee bvmc-fm1 20-ounce frappe maker,
    Posted March 22, 2017 at 2:24 am | Permalink

I haven’t checked in here for some time since I thought it was getting boring, but the last several posts are great quality so I guess I will add you back to my daily bloglist. You deserve it my friend 🙂

the history of
    Posted March 23, 2017 at 12:12 pm | Permalink

Our Services | LSU Healthcare Network Primary Care & Multi …

make a poster
    Posted March 23, 2017 at 1:19 pm | Permalink

This design is wicked! You certainly know how to keep a reader amused. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Great job. I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it. Too cool!

Affordable auto insurance
    Posted March 24, 2017 at 8:25 am | Permalink

Thanks for clear feedbacks which directly help on choosing emergent definitions. The better possibility to get quotes that is lowest quotes comparison process which gives the most wanted offers on renters insurance provided by best insurers like American family located in US.

esurance auto insurance
    Posted March 25, 2017 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

Thank you regarding understandable overlook which frankly support getting unknown provisitions. The best possibility to get rates goes lower process that provides the best offers on house protection provided from high ratings companies as american family located in United States.

Amica
    Posted March 26, 2017 at 10:05 am | Permalink

Thanks for great info which plainly help on checking unknown definitions. The best feature to obtain quotes that is low cost process which provides the most wanted deals for life policy against best agent like GEICO in United States.

Click Here
    Posted March 26, 2017 at 10:24 am | Permalink

Appreciate it for this fantastic post, I am glad I noticed this website on yahoo.

35. Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home3/marcmosc/public_html/knowyourcity/wp-content/themes/thematic-kyc/library/extensions/hooks-filters.php on line 722

bank jobs
    Posted March 26, 2017 at 3:23 pm | Permalink

Good V I should certainly pronounce, impressed with your web site. I had no trouble navigating through all tabs as well as related information ended up being truly simple to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it at all. Quite unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or anything, site theme . a tones way for your customer to communicate. Nice task..