Seedy, Seamy, Sinful Portland Tour — Christmas Edition!

RSVP Here picture-5-300x97

Seedy, Seamy & Sinful Portland Tour – Special Christmas Edition!
With Doug Kenck-Crispin
Thursday, December 25, 4PM-6PM
Meets outside Voodoo Doughnuts

As a center for shipping and labor in the Pacific Northwest, Portland has often had the reputation of a rugged, uncouth town, more than willing to allow the loggers, miners and fishermen an opportunity to part with their hard earned cash. Saloons, gambling halls and bordellos flourished in “Whitechapel,” “The North End,” or Old Town, as we call it today. Some of these physical spaces are just a memory, but others have carried into our present era, and some say Portland, or “Strip City,” still has that coarse and lascivious reputation to this day. Know Your City invites you to join Doug Christmas Day, as we visit sites of famous saloons and bordellos, opium dens and card rooms, some of which are still in operation today. The tour will “end” outside of Mary’s Club, one of Portland’s most venerated strip clubs. Feel free to join Doug inside for an adult beverage at the conclusion of the tour! (*This tour is best suited for those 21+)

Check out our Seedy Seemy Sinful Portland Video featuring Doug!

Tour Guide Biography
Doug Kenck-Crispin is the Ribald Resident Historian fromwww.orhistory.com. He researches, writes and co-produces the bi-weekly podcast series Kick Ass Oregon History, recently featured in the Portland Mercury and Portland Monthly. He has a BA in History, and is nearing completion of his MA in Public History, with an emphasis on the History of the Pacific Northwest (Portland State University). A lifelong resident of the Pacific Northwest, Doug enjoys a good yarn — the more outlandish and unseemly the better — especially when they are true!

RSVP through this link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/seedy-seamy-sinful-portland-tour-christmas-edition-tickets-29660521418

Niesha Joelson
    Posted March 5, 2017 at 2:52 am | Permalink

It’s hard to find knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks

baby food blender
    Posted March 6, 2017 at 3:57 am | Permalink

After I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now every time a remark is added I get 4 emails with the same comment. Is there any approach you possibly can remove me from that service? Thanks!

home decoration ideas
    Posted March 6, 2017 at 8:30 am | Permalink

Hello, Neat post. There’s a problem together with your web site in web explorer, might test thisK IE still is the market chief and a good component of people will leave out your magnificent writing due to this problem.

furniture removalists in Sydney, Smithfield
    Posted March 8, 2017 at 4:54 pm | Permalink

I like this post, enjoyed this one thanks for posting. “What is a thousand years Time is short for one who thinks, endless for one who yearns.” by Alain.

seo tools, bots software
    Posted March 8, 2017 at 9:22 pm | Permalink

I will right away grasp your rss feed as I can not in finding your email subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service. Do you’ve any? Kindly let me know so that I could subscribe. Thanks.

low cost home insurance quote
    Posted March 12, 2017 at 4:31 pm | Permalink

I believe this site holds some very good info for everyone. “Philosophy triumphs easily over past evils and future evils but present evils triumph over it.” by La Rochefoucauld.

Homeowners insurance
    Posted March 14, 2017 at 3:15 pm | Permalink

Thank you regarding natural overlook which plainly help in obtaining unknown conclusions. The most preferable feature to make up prices that is cheap quotes comparison process which gives the cheapest offers on rental insurance policies from top rated agent from the USA.

law of attraction
    Posted March 14, 2017 at 3:56 pm | Permalink

Only wanna state that this is very helpful, Thanks for taking your time to write this.

tekken 3
    Posted March 14, 2017 at 6:39 pm | Permalink

When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four e-mails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Many thanks!

Posted March 14, 2017 at 11:36 pm | Permalink

Howdy! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless I’d figured I’d ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest writing a blog article or vice-versa? My site addresses a lot of the same subjects as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from each other. If you might be interested feel free to send me an e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you! Terrific blog by the way!

English Novels
    Posted March 15, 2017 at 3:16 pm | Permalink

Very interesting topic, regards for posting. “The great leaders have always stage-managed their effects.” by Charles De Gaulle.

make money working from home
    Posted March 15, 2017 at 7:49 pm | Permalink

Hi there, just was alert to your blog via Google, and found that it’s really informative. I am going to watch out for brussels. I will be grateful should you continue this in future. Lots of other folks will likely be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

parker colorado homes for sale
    Posted March 16, 2017 at 12:34 am | Permalink

Loving the information on this web site, you have done great job on the blog posts.

vacation planner app
    Posted March 16, 2017 at 3:16 pm | Permalink

As I web site possessor I believe the content matter here is rattling fantastic , appreciate it for your hard work. You should keep it up forever! Good Luck.

things to do weekend nyc
    Posted March 16, 2017 at 10:34 pm | Permalink

I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own blog and was curious what all is needed to get set up? I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny? I’m not very internet smart so I’m not 100 positive. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Kudos

embarrassing celebrity pictures
    Posted March 17, 2017 at 1:39 am | Permalink

Some truly interesting information, well written and generally user friendly.

plan my vacation for me
    Posted March 17, 2017 at 7:01 am | Permalink

My brother suggested I might like this web site. He was once entirely right. This publish actually made my day. You cann’t consider simply how a lot time I had spent for this information! Thank you!

beautiful bedrooms around the world
    Posted March 17, 2017 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

Hmm it looks like your blog ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I’m still new to the whole thing. Do you have any helpful hints for newbie blog writers? I’d really appreciate it.

good songs for travel video montage
    Posted March 17, 2017 at 4:40 pm | Permalink

It’s exhausting to seek out educated folks on this matter, but you sound like you know what you’re speaking about! Thanks

europe trip planner itinerary
    Posted March 18, 2017 at 1:33 am | Permalink

Hi, I think your site might be having browser compatibility issues. When I look at your website in Safari, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then that, fantastic blog!

worst pictures on the internet
    Posted March 18, 2017 at 1:49 am | Permalink

I not to mention my guys happened to be studying the nice information on your web site and so then came up with a terrible suspicion I had not expressed respect to the blog owner for those secrets. These men happened to be joyful to study them and already have surely been using these things. Appreciation for simply being quite thoughtful as well as for figuring out this kind of beneficial useful guides millions of individuals are really desirous to be informed on. My sincere regret for not expressing gratitude to sooner.

personal trainer near me in Pasadena
    Posted March 18, 2017 at 7:02 am | Permalink

This is the proper blog for anyone who needs to search out out about this topic. You understand so much its virtually hard to argue with you (not that I really would need…HaHa). You positively put a brand new spin on a subject thats been written about for years. Nice stuff, simply great!

Progressive auto insurance
    Posted March 19, 2017 at 2:13 pm | Permalink

I appreciate regarding good feedback which plainly determined in obtaining various provisitions. The most preferable possibility to receive quote goes online comparison tool which provides the best deals for auto insurance policy by zip code provided by well known agent located in USA.

Braman1698@gmail.com
    Posted March 19, 2017 at 4:21 pm | Permalink

Great article. Thank you for your time in helping me understand about this.

buy app reviews
    Posted March 19, 2017 at 5:53 pm | Permalink

I think you have observed some very interesting points, regards for the post.

deck staining
    Posted March 20, 2017 at 5:23 am | Permalink

Great advice. Thank you for your time in helping me learn about this.

Geico
    Posted March 20, 2017 at 5:46 am | Permalink

I wish to say thank you for great information which directly designate choosing novel concepts and definitions. The best feature to choose quote is online compare which provides the cheapest offers for rental insurance policy via zip code provided from good known providers in US.

progressive quote
    Posted March 21, 2017 at 1:13 pm | Permalink

Thanks regarding natural information which really designate getting undiscovered conclusions. The most preferable feature to receive rates is low rate compare process which gives the best deals on building insurance policies using zip code against good known agents from the United States.

this link
    Posted March 22, 2017 at 2:27 am | Permalink

You have brought up a very great details, appreciate it for the post.

Nationwide
    Posted March 22, 2017 at 5:23 am | Permalink

I wish to say thank you for transparent feedback which frankly designate obtaining renewed definitions. The better possibility to obtain quotes that is cheapest comparison tool that provides the cheapest deals for rental insurance policies using zip code provided from best agents from the USA.

Elephant insurance
    Posted March 23, 2017 at 6:11 am | Permalink

Thank you regarding clear overlook that directly determined in choosing new concepts. The most preferable possibility to choose quotes is lowest process that provides the most wanted deals for home insurance coverage from high ratings providers from the US.

GEICO insurance
    Posted March 24, 2017 at 12:04 pm | Permalink

I appreciate for nice survey that directly promote choosing unknown positions. The best feature to apply quotes is cheapest compare process which gives the most wanted deals on content insurance policies against high agents like American family in United States.

esurance login
    Posted March 25, 2017 at 12:46 pm | Permalink

I appreciate regarding natural info that plainly benefit obtaining various conclusions. The best feature to get prices is lowest cost comparison tool which provides the best offers on renters coverage against well known agent as american family in United States.

esurance insurance
    Posted March 25, 2017 at 2:59 pm | Permalink

I appreciate regarding nice review that plainly help in obtaining unknown concepts. The better feature to apply quote is lower process which gives the cheapest offers for landlord coverage provided from high ratings agents as american family from the United States.

35. Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home3/marcmosc/public_html/knowyourcity/wp-content/themes/thematic-kyc/library/extensions/hooks-filters.php on line 722

Posted March 26, 2017 at 10:27 am | Permalink

Heya i am for the primary time here. I came across this board and I to find It really useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give one thing again and aid others like you aided me.

36. Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home3/marcmosc/public_html/knowyourcity/wp-content/themes/thematic-kyc/library/extensions/hooks-filters.php on line 722

amica life insurance
    Posted March 26, 2017 at 11:48 am | Permalink

Thank you for great overlook that truthfully help on getting various positions. The most preferable possibility to obtain quotes that is low rate comparison tool which gives the cheapest offers for health coverage provided from well known companies as gieco located in US.

37. Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home3/marcmosc/public_html/knowyourcity/wp-content/themes/thematic-kyc/library/extensions/hooks-filters.php on line 722

bank jobs
    Posted March 26, 2017 at 3:26 pm | Permalink

I have not checked in here for a while because I thought it was getting boring, but the last several posts are good quality so I guess I’ll add you back to my everyday bloglist. You deserve it my friend 🙂