Hidden History of Albina Tour

Vanport_street_sceneRSVP Here

For Black History Month, Know Your City will be presenting the Hidden History of Albina tour. Tour destinations include public art, historic buildings, and green spaces.

The Boise and Eliot neighborhoods in North Portland are rich in diverse history and culture,serving as the historic heart of Portland’s African American community. Over the past few decades, dramatic changes have altered the face of the region, something which can go easily unnoticed to those who don’t know the history. This tour provides a great opportunity for new residents and visitors to reconnect with the roots of this community, from the history of the City of Albina to Vanport and beyond.

Here are some of the historic locations that will be visited:

• The only church in Portland where Martin Luther King Jr. preached, Vancouver Avenue Baptist Church.
  • One of the few remaining black owned businesses on North Mississippi, Sons of Haiti Masonic Lodge.
  • The historic headquarters of the Urban League of Portland.
  • Dawson Park and the remnants of Albina’s City Hall building.

Get your tickets through this link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hidden-history-of-albina-tour-tickets-31162711509

Normand Vandervelden
    Posted March 5, 2017 at 2:23 am | Permalink

Saved as a favorite, I really like your blog!

hand held blender
    Posted March 6, 2017 at 4:50 am | Permalink

Only wanna input on few general things, The website layout is perfect, the subject matter is really excellent. “I delight in men over seventy. They always offer one the devotion of a lifetime.” by Oscar Fingall O’Flahertie Wills Wilde.

home decoration ideas
    Posted March 6, 2017 at 9:23 am | Permalink

What¦s Happening i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It positively useful and it has helped me out loads. I hope to contribute & help different customers like its helped me. Great job.

removalists in Sydney
    Posted March 8, 2017 at 5:45 pm | Permalink

I have been checking out many of your articles and i can state nice stuff. I will surely bookmark your website.

wordpress plugin nulled
    Posted March 8, 2017 at 10:17 pm | Permalink

I’ve been exploring for a little bit for any high quality articles or blog posts on this sort of area . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this web site. Reading this information So i am happy to convey that I have an incredibly good uncanny feeling I discovered exactly what I needed. I most certainly will make sure to do not forget this website and give it a look regularly.

low rate car insurance
    Posted March 12, 2017 at 5:23 pm | Permalink

I and my pals happened to be reading through the great helpful tips located on your site while all of a sudden I had a terrible suspicion I never thanked the web site owner for those tips. All the ladies are actually so very interested to study all of them and already have in truth been enjoying these things. Appreciation for simply being simply thoughtful and then for picking some terrific areas millions of individuals are really eager to discover. My honest regret for not expressing appreciation to earlier.

law of attraction
    Posted March 14, 2017 at 2:46 pm | Permalink

Having read this I thought it was very informative. I appreciate you taking the time and effort to put this article together. I once again find myself spending way to much time both reading and commenting. But so what, it was still worth it!

apk games
    Posted March 14, 2017 at 7:15 pm | Permalink

You have mentioned very interesting details ! ps nice internet site.

cheap homeowners insurance
    Posted March 15, 2017 at 12:04 am | Permalink

I appreciate for nice review which truthfully help on choosing original positions. The most preferable possibility to apply rates is lower compare which gives the cheapest deals for renter insurance provided by high agents in United States.

brightowl.pro
    Posted March 15, 2017 at 12:16 am | Permalink

Very interesting topic, regards for putting up.

Best home insurance quotes
    Posted March 15, 2017 at 10:29 am | Permalink

I wish to thank you regarding good information that directly support obtaining undiscovered concepts and definitions. The best feature to choose rates is cheaper compare which provides the best deals on homeowners insurance provided from top rated providers in United States.

Hot English Magazine
    Posted March 15, 2017 at 3:51 pm | Permalink

This web site is really a walk-through for all of the info you wanted about this and didn’t know who to ask. Glimpse here, and you’ll definitely discover it.

legitimate work home jobs no startup fee
    Posted March 15, 2017 at 8:27 pm | Permalink

Way cool, some valid points! I appreciate you making this article available, the rest of the site is also high quality. Have a fun.

Property Search
    Posted March 16, 2017 at 1:12 am | Permalink

I’d have to examine with you here. Which is not one thing I usually do! I take pleasure in reading a post that may make folks think. Additionally, thanks for permitting me to comment!

things to do for fun at home
    Posted March 16, 2017 at 3:52 pm | Permalink

Wow! Thank you! I continuously wanted to write on my blog something like that. Can I take a part of your post to my site?

cluster crossfit
    Posted March 16, 2017 at 9:06 pm | Permalink

Excellent goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely wonderful. I actually like what you’ve acquired here, really like what you are stating and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it wise. I can not wait to read much more from you. This is really a tremendous website.

plan a trip google maps
    Posted March 17, 2017 at 2:22 am | Permalink

Of course, what a magnificent blog and enlightening posts, I will bookmark your website.All the Best!

how to get started in travel photography
    Posted March 17, 2017 at 7:44 am | Permalink

Very interesting info!Perfect just what I was looking for!

10 best travel tips
    Posted March 17, 2017 at 12:44 pm | Permalink

I like what you guys are up also. Such intelligent work and reporting! Keep up the superb works guys I¦ve incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it will improve the value of my site 🙂

event itinerary template
    Posted March 17, 2017 at 5:19 pm | Permalink

What i do not understood is in reality how you are no longer actually a lot more smartly-liked than you may be right now. You’re very intelligent. You understand therefore considerably when it comes to this matter, made me in my opinion consider it from numerous numerous angles. Its like men and women aren’t interested except it’s something to do with Lady gaga! Your individual stuffs great. At all times deal with it up!

dropbox albums vs folders
    Posted March 18, 2017 at 2:50 am | Permalink

Howdy! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would be ok. I’m absolutely enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.

personal trainer near me in Pasadena CA
    Posted March 18, 2017 at 8:30 am | Permalink

Good web site! I truly love how it is easy on my eyes and the data are well written. I’m wondering how I might be notified when a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your feed which must do the trick! Have a nice day!

buy android reviews
    Posted March 19, 2017 at 6:53 pm | Permalink

I like this post, enjoyed this one thanks for posting. “The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning.” by George Baker.

website
    Posted March 22, 2017 at 3:42 am | Permalink

What i don’t realize is in fact how you’re no longer really much more neatly-preferred than you might be now. You’re very intelligent. You recognize thus considerably in terms of this subject, made me for my part believe it from so many varied angles. Its like men and women don’t seem to be interested except it?¦s one thing to accomplish with Woman gaga! Your own stuffs excellent. Always deal with it up!

local elementry school
    Posted March 26, 2017 at 11:35 am | Permalink

Precisely what I was searching for, regards for posting.

railways jobs
    Posted March 26, 2017 at 4:28 pm | Permalink

Appreciate it for all your efforts that you have put in this. very interesting information.