Hidden History of Albina Tour

Vanport_street_sceneRSVP Here

For Black History Month, Know Your City will be presenting the Hidden History of Albina tour. Tour destinations include public art, historic buildings, and green spaces.

The Boise and Eliot neighborhoods in North Portland are rich in diverse history and culture,serving as the historic heart of Portland’s African American community. Over the past few decades, dramatic changes have altered the face of the region, something which can go easily unnoticed to those who don’t know the history. This tour provides a great opportunity for new residents and visitors to reconnect with the roots of this community, from the history of the City of Albina to Vanport and beyond.

Here are some of the historic locations that will be visited:

• The only church in Portland where Martin Luther King Jr. preached, Vancouver Avenue Baptist Church.
  • One of the few remaining black owned businesses on North Mississippi, Sons of Haiti Masonic Lodge.
  • The historic headquarters of the Urban League of Portland.
  • Dawson Park and the remnants of Albina’s City Hall building.

Get your tickets through this link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hidden-history-of-albina-tour-tickets-31163257141

info
    Posted February 26, 2017 at 5:05 am | Permalink

Shutterstock – Official Site

experiment f
    Posted February 26, 2017 at 7:12 am | Permalink

Packages – The Trilinos Project

an overdue
    Posted February 26, 2017 at 7:30 am | Permalink

s.mos.ru

what is the
    Posted February 27, 2017 at 12:08 pm | Permalink

Bio-Augmentation – TV Tropes

Sadie
    Posted March 4, 2017 at 2:53 am | Permalink

It’s appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or advice. Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this article. I wish to read even more things about it!

Alisia Jerido
    Posted March 5, 2017 at 3:16 am | Permalink

I like this weblog so much, bookmarked. “To hold a pen is to be at war.” by Francois Marie Arouet Voltaire.

Stacy
    Posted March 5, 2017 at 4:35 am | Permalink

Please let me know if you’re looking for a writer for your site. You have some really good articles and I feel I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d really like to write some content for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please shoot me an e-mail if interested. Kudos!

blendtec blenders
    Posted March 6, 2017 at 4:28 am | Permalink

You are my aspiration, I possess few blogs and rarely run out from to brand.

best aloe vera gel in the world
    Posted March 6, 2017 at 5:32 am | Permalink

Simply want to say your article is as astounding. The clearness in your post is simply excellent and i could assume you’re an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission let me to grab your RSS feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the rewarding work.

forever living 9 day detox
    Posted March 6, 2017 at 8:32 am | Permalink

It is in reality a nice and useful piece of information. I’m glad that you simply shared this helpful info with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

home decorating ideas
    Posted March 6, 2017 at 9:01 am | Permalink

Someone essentially help to make seriously posts I would state. This is the first time I frequented your website page and thus far? I amazed with the research you made to make this particular publish extraordinary. Wonderful job!

removalists in Sydney
    Posted March 8, 2017 at 5:24 pm | Permalink

I’m still learning from you, but I’m making my way to the top as well. I absolutely love reading all that is posted on your website.Keep the stories coming. I loved it!

ebooks make money online
    Posted March 8, 2017 at 9:53 pm | Permalink

Awesome site you have here but I was wondering if you knew of any message boards that cover the same topics talked about in this article? I’d really like to be a part of online community where I can get opinions from other knowledgeable people that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Thanks a lot!

Low cost car insurance quotes
    Posted March 12, 2017 at 5:01 pm | Permalink

I have been exploring for a little for any high quality articles or weblog posts on this kind of house . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this site. Studying this information So i am glad to show that I have a very just right uncanny feeling I came upon just what I needed. I most certainly will make certain to do not put out of your mind this website and provides it a glance on a continuing basis.

law of attraction
    Posted March 14, 2017 at 3:22 pm | Permalink

I like this web site so much, saved to bookmarks. “Respect for the fragility and importance of an individual life is still the mark of an educated man.” by Norman Cousins.

tekken apk
    Posted March 14, 2017 at 5:54 pm | Permalink

I’ve been browsing online more than 3 hours today, yet I by no means found any attention-grabbing article like yours. It is pretty value sufficient for me. Personally, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net shall be much more helpful than ever before.

biotechnology jobs
    Posted March 14, 2017 at 10:48 pm | Permalink

I do enjoy the manner in which you have presented this specific matter and it really does provide me personally some fodder for thought. Nevertheless, coming from what precisely I have personally seen, I simply just hope as the actual responses pile on that people today keep on issue and don’t get started on a soap box of the news du jour. Still, thank you for this excellent piece and while I can not necessarily concur with it in totality, I value your perspective.

grey leggings
    Posted March 15, 2017 at 8:52 am | Permalink

It is hard to locate knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you understand what you are talking about! Thanks

Cheapest insurance
    Posted March 15, 2017 at 9:20 am | Permalink

I appreciate for understandable survey which really benefit getting unknown findings. The better feature to choose prices goes low cost compare which provides the cheapest deals on auto and homeowners insurance coverage against well known companies in US.

English coursebook
    Posted March 15, 2017 at 2:32 pm | Permalink

Just about all of whatever you claim happens to be supprisingly legitimate and that makes me ponder why I had not looked at this in this light previously. This piece truly did turn the light on for me personally as far as this specific topic goes. However there is 1 point I am not really too cozy with so while I make an effort to reconcile that with the actual core idea of your point, allow me see what all the rest of your visitors have to say.Well done.

work at home 2017
    Posted March 15, 2017 at 7:01 pm | Permalink

Howdy! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site with us so I came to give it a look. I’m definitely loving the information. I’m book-marking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Excellent blog and terrific style and design.

houses for sale
    Posted March 15, 2017 at 11:46 pm | Permalink

This actually answered my downside, thank you!

meeting itinerary template
    Posted March 16, 2017 at 2:32 pm | Permalink

I like this post, enjoyed this one thank you for posting. “‘I have done my best.’ That is about all the philosophy of living one needs.” by Lin Yutang.

things to do today
    Posted March 16, 2017 at 7:32 pm | Permalink

I have been absent for a while, but now I remember why I used to love this site. Thanks , I’ll try and check back more frequently. How frequently you update your web site?

around the world trips packages
    Posted March 17, 2017 at 12:46 am | Permalink

Thanks for every other informative website. The place else may I am getting that type of info written in such a perfect manner? I have a project that I’m simply now running on, and I have been at the glance out for such info.

rick steves europe season 9
    Posted March 17, 2017 at 6:08 am | Permalink

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point. You clearly know what youre talking about, why waste your intelligence on just posting videos to your weblog when you could be giving us something enlightening to read?

4chan celebrities photo leaks
    Posted March 17, 2017 at 11:18 am | Permalink

Very interesting points you have remarked, regards for putting up. “In a great romance, each person plays a part the other really likes.” by Elizabeth Ashley.

jobs that travel the world
    Posted March 17, 2017 at 3:53 pm | Permalink

Respect to article author, some superb information .

tourist photography
    Posted March 18, 2017 at 1:37 am | Permalink

Enjoyed reading through this, very good stuff, appreciate it.

travel itinerary meaning
    Posted March 18, 2017 at 1:54 am | Permalink

My coder is trying to persuade me to move to .net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses. But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using Movable-type on a number of websites for about a year and am worried about switching to another platform. I have heard excellent things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress posts into it? Any help would be really appreciated!

personal trainer Pasadena CA
    Posted March 18, 2017 at 7:06 am | Permalink

I am delighted that I detected this website, precisely the right information that I was searching for! .

app promotion
    Posted March 19, 2017 at 5:58 pm | Permalink

I was wondering if you ever considered changing the layout of your site? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having 1 or two images. Maybe you could space it out better?

Charles
    Posted March 20, 2017 at 3:05 am | Permalink

Hi there would you mind sharing which blog platform you’re working with? I’m going to start my own blog soon but I’m having a hard time making a decision to go with Drupal.

link
    Posted March 22, 2017 at 3:44 am | Permalink

you’re really a good webmaster. The website loading speed is incredible. It seems that you’re doing any unique trick. Furthermore, The contents are masterwork. you have done a fantastic job on this topic!