Know Your City offers private, group tours to organizations, schools and companies, large and small on an ongoing basis. We offer the following tours for private groups!
- A People’s History of Portland: Presenting history from the bottom up, this tour celebrates Portland’s working class heroes – from Chinatown immigrants to skid row loggers to today’s social activists
- Sing A Song of Portland: Sing your way through nearly 100 years of Portland music history, from the early days of rock n’ roll to today’s indie rock scene. Don’t worry – we’ll teach you the words!
- Seedy, Seamy & Sinful Portland Tour
- Jade District Tour
- Hidden History of Albina
- PDX 101
- A Labor History of Portland
- Pride Forever: LGBTQ Walking Tour
Have an idea for a tour not listed above? Contracted Tours can be arranged! We can design a tour program to your specific goals and needs. Previous clients include: Oregon Tradeswomen, University of Illinois Alumni Association, Evergreen College, University of Oregon, Reed College, Lewis & Clark College and more.
For more information or Walking Tours, Private Tours or Contracted Tours, contact email@example.com or call us at (971) 717-7307.
Flagship tours feature several guest speakers and locations, sometimes involve transportation by bike or bus, and are consequently offered only once or twice, with the aim of orienting locals to better know their community. Tours have focused on broad-ranging social issues, such as gentrification, emerging technology, urban planning and more. Know Your City often partners with peer organizations on its Flagship Tours. Previous collaborators include: Portland Institute for Contemporary Art, WebVisions, Portland Art Museum and Multnomah County Library. We have also partnered with other organizations to produce collaborative Flagship Tours, including Colored Pencils, Hazina Management, Walls of Heritage Committee and more.
Tour programs are made possible, in part, by individual members and donors. For more information on supporting Know Your City, click here.